Protection, Pardon and Peace
God's Word is rich in blessings and promises for his people. I am overwhelmed this morning in all the ways the Lord promises to show up strong on my behalf! At the end of Numbers 6 the Lord speaks through Aaron saying,
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance on you, and give you peace"
Just in these few verses God assures his people that it is He who keeps them safe. Men do not prevail by might, but by the Lord who never sleeps or slumbers! He goes on to say that he will not only protect me, but will also make his face shine upon me. Both in Psalm 31 and repeatedly in Psalm 80 the Lord's face shining upon his people is connected with salvation and restoration. When God shines his face upon us it enlightens us to see truth and also allows us to find comfort in God's gracious pardon of our sin. Next, the people are blessed with the Lord's countenance. This alludes to a father smiling as he takes pleasure in watching his child. It is the cry of my heart that the Lord would take delight in me! I can easily recall the joy I have felt after knowing I have made my earthly parents proud. But the thought of my heavenly father looking down on me and smiling brings a joy and peace that I cannot describe. God delights in blessing his people with peace. Praise the Lord for his protection, pardon and peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment